Anyone can enter a mount into any category. A beginner can enter as a Novice or a professional or as a master. But the mount will be judged accordingly.
If someone goes to a good taxidermy school they most likely would jump right into the professional category. Even though they could enter as a novice if it is their first show.
- Eligibility: Open to all entrants except those who have won a best of category and two blue ribbons in a specific category and have been automatically bumped into the Masters Division.
- Categories: All categories are open to the Profession Division
- Awards: First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention Ribbons will be given based on the Judge’s decision.
- Eligibility: Open to all entrants who wish to compete at this level or who have won two blue ribbons or a best of category in that specific category.
- Categories: All categories are open to the Masters division
- Awards: First, Second and Third place ribbons will be given based on the Judge’s decision. Note: No honorable mention is given in the Master’s Division.
Notes: Divisions or Categories are subject to being added or deleted in any given year by the Competition Committee in consultation with its Board of Directors.